Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions
This site (https://donation.skhwc.org.hk/charityraffle) is operated by Hong Kong Sheng Kung Hui Welfare Council Limited (“Welfare Council”). Please read these Terms and Conditions carefully before using this site. By using this site or any part of it, you agree that you have read and agreed to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
1. Information of Products
Images of products on this site are for reference only. The Welfare Council will use all reasonable endeavors to ensure the image quality of our products as well as the accuracy of product information. The Welfare Council gives no warranties as to the information accuracy, the product quality or its fitness for any purpose. The Welfare Council reserves the right to make changes to the information on this webpage from time to time without providing any prior notification.
2. Payment Method
Only those payment methods available on this site are accepted.
Save as otherwise specified, all sales on this site are charitable in nature and do not constitute approved charitable donation. No tax-deductible donation receipts can be issued.
4. Order Confirmation
4.1 You will receive a confirmation e-mail upon placement of an order. No cancellation and/or amendment can be made once the order is submitted.
4.2 The Welfare Council reserves the right to cancel or not to accept any order for any reasons at our sole discretion, including without limitation:
- 4.2.1 No sufficient stock for products you have ordered;
- 4.2.2 No delivery can be arranged for your area; or
- 4.2.3 The product you ordered was marked with an incorrect price due to a human or computer error.
5. Delivery of Products
Subject to the content of products webpage.
6. Exchange of Products
6.1 Once the product has been delivered to you, it will be held at your own risk. The Welfare Council will not be liable for its loss or damage.
6.2 Please examine the product immediately upon delivery. If the product model or quantity is different from your order or if you find any damages or deficiencies in the product (except those caused by yourself), please contact the Welfare Council by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) within 5 working days following the date of delivery for exchange.
6.3 All the damaged product (except those caused by yourself) can only be exchanged once. Valid receipt and/or delivery note should be presented when exchanging the product. The product to be exchanged must be unused and in the condition originally sold together with all parts and accessories which are provided with the product, and the packaging of the product must be in the condition in which it was delivered to you.
6.4 Exchange will not be accepted under the following circumstances:
- 6.4.1 The original package of the product is damaged, stained or incomplete (including torn wrapping or torn box);
- 6.4.2 Damage to the product is caused by inappropriate storage or negligence of the customers;
- 6.4.3 Any minor appearance defects that are caused during delivery and have no influence on the quality of the products (including but not limited to wrinkles and scratches on the packaging box, bottle or case);
- 6.4.4 Any product that has been used;
- 6.4.5 The customer has not notified the Welfare Council within 5 working days following the delivery date;
- 6.4.6 No valid receipt and/or delivery note can be provided.
6.5 Product is acceptable for exchange subject to stocks availability. The Welfare Council reserves the right of final decision on product exchange.
No refund will be arranged for all products sold and delivery fee.
8.1 The Welfare Council shall not be responsible for the followings:
- 8.1.1 Any incidents caused by incorrect or improper use of our products;
- 8.1.2 Any allergy after using our products.
8.2 If the performance by the Welfare Council of its obligations under this webpage is prevented by reason of “force majeure” (including fire, accident, water leakage, natural disaster, law, order, proclamation, regulation, demand or requirement of the Government of HKSAR or any of its agencies, shortage in products or raw materials, delay in transit or other causes whatsoever (whether similar to the foregoing or not) beyond the reasonable control of the Welfare Council), the Welfare Council shall not be liable in any way.
8.3 To the extent permitted by law, the Welfare Council excludes all liability (whether arising in contract, tort or otherwise and whether or not due to our negligence) which the Welfare Council may otherwise have to you as a result of:
- 8.3.1 Any technical, factual, textual or typographical inaccuracies, errors or omissions on or relating to this site (including using our applications or software) or any information on this site;
- 8.3.2 The unavailability of this site (or any part of it), merchandise or services;
- 8.3.3 Any delay in providing, or failure to provide or make available, merchandise or services, or any negligent provision of merchandise or services;
- 8.3.4 Any merchandise not being of merchantable quality or fit for their intended purpose; or
- 8.3.5 Any misrepresentation on or relating to this site, the merchandise or the services.
8.4 Save as required by law:
- 8.4.1 The Welfare Council will not be liable to you for any indirect or consequential loss, damage or expenses, including loss of profits, business or goodwill, and
- 8.4.2 The Welfare Council will have no liability to pay any money to you by way of compensation except otherwise specified in these Terms and Conditions.
8.5 None of the above exclusions shall affect any statutory rights which are not capable of being excluded. However, in such case the Welfare Council’s obligation, where permitted by law, will be limited to the resupply of the product to you.